Förderjahr 2017 / Project Call #12 / ProjektID: 2110 / Projekt: SoniTalk
On May 9th, St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences was hosting a kick-off event for the "Haus der Digitalisierung". Currently, a virtual house and a regional network are being established to support digitalization in all Lower Austrian companies. This network will be composed of actors coming from different backgrounds, namely, education, science, business and administration. The goal is to make the best possible use of the opportunities offered by digitalization.
The House of Digitalization will:
- Help Lower Austrian companies to increase the efficiency and speed of their digital transformation
- Provide easy access for businesses to scientific institutions
- Conduct joint research and commercialize results
- Implement guiding and demo projects
- Enable interdisciplinary work across institute and sectoral boundaries
St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, as one of the most active research institution in Lower Austria, will be an important node in this network. The kick-off event was a great opportunity for regional companies to get insights into projects and technologies being developed at St. Pölten UAS. SoniTalk and ultrasonic communication in general were presented as a rising technology that could be used in many services and industrial settings.
Since April 2017, Alexis has been involved in several projects, including three funded by netidee : SoniControl, SoniTalk and now SoniControl 2.0.
- SoniControl focuses on the development of a privacy preserving app for mobile devices that notifies and blocks ultrasonic tracking information.
- SoniTalk focuses on the establishment of a secure and privacy-oriented protocol for ultrasonic communication.